Pumpkin is a versatile type of squash that’s loaded with vitamins, minerals, and fibre.
Maca root powder adds to the nutrient density of this delightfully rich and creamy soup.
Potential benefits of maca are balanced hormones and a natural energy/endurance boost.
This recipe is perfect for anytime you want to cozy up with a rich and creamy bowl of soup.
This recipe is vegan, gluten-free, nut-free, and grain-free. It keeps well as leftovers or in the freezer for later. Roasting the pumpkin is the preferred method.
Makes 4 servingsIngredients:
1-2 Tbsp olive or coconut oil
1 small onion chopped
4 cloves garlic chopped
1 bunch of fresh thyme (optional but adds great flavour)
1 small chili pepper (optional)
4 cups vegetable broth (approx. 1L)
1 cup water (approx. 250ml)
3 cups cooked pumpkin (steamed or roasted)
2 tsp Organicule Superfoods Maca powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
Black pepper (to taste)
1. In a large pot, heat oil. Add in onion, garlic, & chili pepper and sauté on medium heat for 3-5 minutes. Add in fresh thyme and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil. Let cool to prepare for blending.
2. In a blender, gradually add in pumpkin and broth and blend on low until smooth. Be careful if blending while still hot - steam can be dangerous! Add maca powder and cinnamon, blend again.
3. Option to add water and blend to achieve desired consistency.
4. Return soup to pot and heat on low until desired temperature for serving (2-3
5. Stir in black pepper to taste.
Serve with bread and a salad of your choice (rocket/arugula with a squeeze of fresh lemon,salt & pepper, and olive oil is a simple favourite).
Store leftovers in glass jar in the fridge for up to 3 days or freezer for up to 1 month.