This beautiful dairyfree pesto is perfect as a sauce to go with pasta, or dip for a healthy, refreshing snack. Have it for lunch and stay energized throughout the day with a boost of Vitamin B's and iron!
Ingredients (Serves 4 as a sauce):
- 1 cup pine nuts, very lightly toasted
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- 3 handfuls fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp spirulina powder
- juice of 1 lemon
- Pulse the garlic and basil in food processor.
- Add the pine nuts and olive oil to the mixture and pulse again.
- Stir in the lemon juice, nutritional yeast, and spirulina powder.
- Season to taste. You may add more olive oil to reach the consistency of your liking.
- Serve with gluten-free pasta or courgetti (spiralisedcourgettes – zucchini to our friends in the USA).